Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!


We were married May 26, 1994 at the Washington D.C. Temple. It was a beautiful day, we had wonderful family and friends there.
I am so grateful for my husband. I thought I would tell you a little about him and why I have loved him for 14 years.
We met at a young single adult family home evening. He walked in and I remember thinking WOW!! He was (and still is VERY HOT). Then I found out that he was only 19,(I was 21) I thought well I could introduce him to my younger cousin. However, after hanging out with him, I thought I better take a closer look myself. Well, after deciding to only date each other, a week later we were told we were suppose to get married. I remember being very stubborn when the Spirit asked me to pray about him, I kept having excuses, then finally I did and it felt like I was hit with a frying pan, and it was the best decision I ever made. A week later we were engaged, and we had not even gone out on a DATE yet. We only went out as a group.
I am so grateful for who he is and what he stands for. He has a strong testimony of the Church, and grateful for the priesthood in which he holds. He is my best friend, my strength. Steven is a wonderful father, who truly loves and participates in raising them. He works hard to give us what we need as a family and as individuals. He strives to do his best in everything he does, church, school, family and friends. He is always willing to help out.

I have been truly blessed. I am thankful for the 14 years we have had and I am looking forward to eternity with him.

3 comments:

Celeste Adams said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful day! 14 years is awesome. Crazy how time flies!

Blogging and Bliss said...

Wow, your anniversary is very close to ours. We were married on 5/23/98. The big ten years. I think it's interesting also that you're teaching your boy to ride without training wheels. Our Zach just two weeks ago rode around our skate park a few times without training wheels but then very soon lost his confidence and I had to put his training wheels back on.

Steve, I think you're right about not doing wood floors again. I think that I lost a few decibels in my right ear from the darn jig-saw. Plus I just wasn't ever made to bend like that. That's cool you're practicing medicine. You know you might want to check out Reno or Vegas for your residency. If your looking for a way out of the snow Vegas is your place, but if you don't mind the snow and you like the little town feel, Reno's a great place.

Smith Family said...

How are you doing? I can't find your number to call but have been worried about your guys with all of the flooding. I did look you up on a map and thought you looked far enough away but I am not sure. Let me know!
Love YA
Melanie