Monday, April 28, 2008
Dishes
Well, I thought I would share another adventure of the Weatherspoon household. Gordon has come to the age where it is time to pass on the chore of "Empty the Dishwasher" (and right now he LOVES doing it.) Well Lizzie was suppose to do the dishes after he emptied the dishwasher. However he wanted to DO the dishes too, here is where it all went wrong. We have a leak in our sprayer for starters and you have to be really careful. We replaced the old one, which worked fine until I broke off the part you push to make is spray. And the new one leaks. So Gordon is so proud he is going to do the dishes he turns on the water and is washing stuff off. There is a cutting board laying across one side of the sink and the water goes on the cutting board and off the edges onto the counter then onto the floor. So he comes running into the living room yelling : THE KITCHEN IS FLOODING!!!! Yes, there is water on the counter, and on the floor so much I thought maybe the dishwasher was flooding. So we start cleaning, (Hannah and I) and it feels like the water is never ending. We finally get it cleaned up and I open the door under the sink to get a trash bag to throw the things on the counter that got soaked (cereal boxes, magazines, permission slips, WHEW) Well what do I find, A HUGE puddle of water under my sink. ARGH!!!! Well, after all the clean up we still only need to replace the sprayer and the board under the sink. Over all I can't be too upset he was trying to "Clean the kitchen, and it is CLEAN!!!!" Hope you are all having a flood less day!!! (I should have taken a picture before we started cleaning, but I am sure you all have a GOOD picture in you minds.) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun Day ar your house. Love ya!
Nothing like a good ol' flood to complete the day :)
I can't imagine the mess. Atleast Gordon did want to help do the dishes.
I tagged you! Check out my blog for the details.
Your house is always so exciting! I bet you never have a dull moment.
Post a Comment