Tuesday, May 25, 2010

OOOHHH WOW

Well it has been ALONG time since I have posted anything on here. Over a year and we stilled lived in Iowa. HAA
Well here we are at our almost year mark here in Fleming Island, Florida. And I can tell you, if it were not for my amazing ward friends, I think I would move to live with my parents until Steven was done here. But we won't go into that I will just catch you up on the good parts.
The kids are doing really well. Hannah was just inducted into the Junior National Honor Society! We are so very proud of her. She has really worked hard this year!!!
Lizzie has kept very busy this year. She was in her school Play "Jungle Book" She did a wonderful job. She has also been taking Kung Fu this year and has really moved up the levels. She now has a green belt and has been asked to Join the Young Master's program. Where she will be teaching new students.
Gordon is also taking Kung Fu and has just got his blue belt. He was baptised at the beginning of the year and is also in Cub Scouts now. He competed in his first Pine Wood Derby. He did very well and was able to go to districts. (on a side note, I was told this was a very competitive thing, but I had NO IDEA just how much. WOW)
Ben will be 7 soon and it is kinda sad to see him grow so fast. He has his orange belt and will be testing for his blue belt next week. He is super excited. He loves come home and teach us all he has learned at Kung Fu and also gets Claire to do it too.
Claire is keeping us all busy!! She brings so much laughter and joy each day. She loves her play group and gets excited to pick her siblings up from school. I can't believe how fast she has grown. She loves to be outside though lately she keeps saying "Mommy it is HOT mommy HOT"
I am keeping busy just trying to get everyone to where they need to go. It is never dull at our house.
I am also so happy to know that INTERN year is almost OVER!!! YAY I am hoping that we will get to see Steven more this next year. But what the past years have taught me is, I am going to expect not to see him and be pleasantly surprised when we do. HAHA
Hope you are all well. Maybe I can keep up better with this. (darn facebook) HAHA

1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

Oh wow, indeed. I had almost decided to take your blog link off my blog, so glad I didn't. Sounds like you guys are doing well. I know what you mean about the kids growing up so fast. Our babies aren't babies anymore. Sure do miss you. Maybe this next chapter in our lives will move us closer to your side of the continent. Keep your fingers crossed.