Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Adventure

Here we are 2012 we have some new adventures heading our way. Though we know with prayer and faith everything will turn out as it should.
We have decided to Share one of these adventures with others in hopes that our story can help those who may have to have the same adventure. We decided to use the word adventure instead of trial, so we can keep a positive attitude about it all.
So I guess we will start at the beginning......
Whenever the children go in for a check-up or physical we have them checked for Scoliosis (a curvature of the spine), we have it in our family. Though this last November we did not get the results we thought we would. Elizabeth was showing signs of curvature and we were sent to get X-RAYS. I was able to go with her, and the tech had me stand behind the wall with him. I was able to see the X-RAYS as the came up. My heart dropped I could tell this was not good news! Luckily we have a Doctor at the hospital that we are really close too, he lives with us, We were able to go up to his office and he checked out the X-RAYS and my feeling were valid when he said yes this is not good.
That same night our doctor called and said she had put in a referral for her to be seen by a Pediatric Orthopedic. She received a blessing and we waited for our appointment with the Doctor.
For those of you who know me I don't like to go in blind, so I did alot of research on the Internet, while Steven was doing his own at the hospital. There are many ways to help with this, though the one that we really didn't want to have done was Surgery!!
December 22 we went in to see the Doctor. And his recommendation was the one we didn't want to hear. Lizzie's curvature degree was HIGH!!! And I knew through my research that with those degree's Surgery was her best option. This was not the news we wanted to hear right before Christmas.
There have been many tears, and many prayers!! We know that the Lord will be with us through this!
On January 7th Lizzie went in for an MRI, she did really well, she had to lay still for nearly 2 hours. She was so brave, and she didn't have to have any of the tests redone.
So now we are waiting for January 12 to go back to the Orthopedic to find out those results and get set up for the surgery. I am extremely grateful for my wonderful friends and family who have kept Lizzie and us in their prayers!! I am so grateful for all the support and the line up up help for us during all of this. What a blessing!!
We ask all of you who read this to also keep Lizzie in your thoughts and prayers!!
We will keep you updated!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Our prayers are with you all!

Mindy Markley said...

Ah Dang. We'll be thinking of her and praying for you all. Love you!

Lindh Family said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Cathy Rywelski said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Lots of love, hugs, and kisses sent your way!